Public Health Ontario is reporting 848 new COVID-19 cases over the past two days.
Because of Thanksgiving Monday, the province's daily COVID update was not released yesterday.
On Monday, there were 458 new COVID-19 cases, 551 recoveries and two deaths that occurred over the last month reported.
Today's update includes 390 new cases, 512 recoveries and no deaths.
The Oct. 12 update provided by the province's public health agency and the ministry of health also reported the following data:
- 4,369 active, lab-confirmed cases, down from 4,491 yesterday
- 155 people are hospitalized with COVID-19, down 10 from yesterday
- There are 121 COVID-positive patients in the ICU plus another 28 patients no longer testing positive for COVID-19
- There are 84 COVID-positive patients on ventilators and another 20 patients on ventilators no longer testing positive for COVID.
- 10,738,052 Ontarians (about 72 per cent of the total population) have been fully vaccinated and another 613,351 (four per cent of Ontario's population) have a single dose of COVID vaccine. 87 per cent of eligible Ontarians have at least one dose of vaccine.
- Included in today's report are 260 people who are not fully vaccinated or have an unknown vaccination status nd 130 fully vaccinated cases
- There are 68 unvaccinated, 7 partially vaccinated and 14 fully vaccinated COVID-19 patients in intensive care units.
- There are 94 unvaccinated, 12 partially vaccinated and 39 fully vaccinated cases hospitalized but not in the ICU.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 592,714 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic and reported 578,553 recoveries and 9,792 deaths.
For more on the province's breakdown of vaccination status, click here.